Candidates, and public, invited to forum
To the editor:
All Beach Locals – Read the Forwarding letter to candidates from the Moderator, Doris Grant, and come to the Town Council Candidate Forum this Wednesday at St. Raphael’s Church, 5601 Williams Drive, 6:30 p.m.
Fort Myers Beach – Candidate Forum – Wednesday 6:30 p.m.
Dear Bill Veach, Bob Burandt, Jim Atterholt, Dan Allers, David Drumm, Forrest “Butch” Crister, and Bruce Butcher,
We are looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020 at St. Raphael’s Parish Hall located at 5601 Williams Drive, Fort Myers Beach. We will start promptly at 6:30 p.m. and will try to hold the forum to no more than 2 hours.
You will be given one (1) minute to introduce yourself. The Beach Observer and The Island Sandpaper have given each of you excellent coverage.
The questions will be in the open forum style from the audience. The answers will be in a council type setting so the candidates will be able to interact discussing the issues.
Listed below are some of the questions which will probably be asked.
– Bathrooms at all beach accesses
– Opinion on the homeless issue and feeding program on FMB
– Liquor sales by Publix on the south end of the island
– Outsourcing vs hiring town employees
– Controversial Boardwalk on the south end of the island
– Re-branding of FMB
– Permitting process
– Enforcing vacation rental ordinance