Lee Memorial Health System Foundation announced it has approved the addition of the following five new board members.
- Dorothy Fitzgerald of Sanibel - Fitzgerald is an accomplished health care executive having built two nationally recognized medical documentation and technology companies that have since been sold and are part of the top two medical documentation service companies in the world. During her time in business development of the companies, Fitzgerald also facilitated the development of a Continuing Education Program setting credentialing standards for medical transcriptionists working with children's hospitals.
- Joseph D. Gammons of Naples - Gammons is the principal owner of Office Furniture & Design Concepts---a multi-million dollar Steelcase office furniture dealership serving Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades counties. Active in the political arena, Gammons served as director of external relations at the Michigan Department of State under Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land. He also served as District director under Congressman Dave Camp of the 4th Congressional District in Michigan.
- Jerry Hemmer of Fort Myers - Hemmer is an investment advisor for Alliance Financial Group and Park Avenue Securities. A member of the Guardian Family of insurance products and services, Hemmer has achieved the Guardian Leaders Club Award for eight consecutive years. His leadership role also includes training and developing new agents.
- Sonya Sawyer of Naples - Sawyer, a CPA, serves as the CFO of Home-Tech Consolidated, Inc. In this capacity, she is responsible for directing all of the financial, business compliance, human resource and charitable areas of the company. Sawyer has held this position for 13 years and currently serves on the company's Board of Directors. Prior to joining Home-Tech, Sawyer was an auditor for Ernst and Young.
- Pablo Veintimilla of Naples - Veintimilla is an executive vice president and the market president of Southwest Florida for Stonegate Bank of Naples. Veintimilla formerly served as the interim president and CEO of Hillcrest Bank of Florida. An over 20-year veteran of the financial and banking industry, Veintimilla is responsible for Stonegate Bank's operations in Collier and Lee counties.
"We are honored to have such a tremendously accomplished and talented group of individuals helping us lead the charge of funding the largest public not-for-profit health system in the State of Florida," said Lee Memorial Health System Chief Foundation Officer Sharon A. MacDonald of the appointments. "I expect their contributions to be vast in helping us to achieve our goal of providing excellence in health care to our Southwest Florida community."