To the editor:
Many have asked what is included in the Fort Myers Beach Library nine million dollar project. From the architecture plans below, you may review each floor. (Not included are bathrooms, elevators, storage areas and electrical and mechanical rooms.)
- Addition Main Floor - Parking and entrance lobby.
- Second Floor - reference collection, living room, reading area, display area, two quiet rooms and a teenage zone.
- Third Floor - cafe with kitchen plus large area for tables and chairs; copy center, Friends of the Library Book Store, a 110-seat community room with stage and galley.
- Original Library First Floor - staff lounge, technical services, director's office, audio avenue, toddler room, kids' place, multi-purpose room, staff desk, reception area, material return room and outside children's courtyard.
- Second Floor - non-fiction collection, fiction collection, Internet space, new titles, self check-out, NPO desk, outside front patio, and printer control.
Addition is 18,000 square feet and the existing building is 16,000 square feet. There will be 62 parking spaces and the complete building will accommodate 653 visitors.
Fort Myers Beach