The Fort Myers Beach Art Association awarded prizes to winners of the Spring Juried Show held in the gallery at a reception on Sunday. Sponsored by FishTale Marina and Santini Marina Plaza, the show featured a beautiful display of the creativity of local artists. It was judged by visiting artist and workshop instructor Carol Frye NWS ISEA.
Along with the traditional watercolors, there were many mixed media and non representational abstract paintings to provide an interesting gallery experience. The fine art created by our local member artists continues to delight visitors and guests alike.
Pauline Healey, an award-winning watercolor artist and familiar to many, has a display of her work in the Studio Ii gallery as well. This gallery will change three more times in the next months to display works from instructor Patty Kane's watercolor class, work from the Experimental group of painters and finally works of the school children in April.
President Meg Bushnell (l) presented the first place award to Sue Pink at Sunday's reception
The prize winners are as follows:
1. Sue Pink - Passage
2. Mimi Little - Short Order Cook-Heavenly Biscuit
3. Heinz Keller - Lavender Time
- Florida Watercolor Society special award: Ann Kittel - Green Room
- Merit Awards (alphabetically listed): Laraine Centineo - Meditation/Psalm 19:14; Lisa Grinter - Nature Path, Ft. Myers Beach; Joan Reynolds - Olson House
- Honorable Mention: Tracy Cullimore Surprises; Craig Peterson Nautilus;
Nancy Randall - Flood Wall