To the editor:
There are seven essential ingredients, which made our Mound House Fundraiser a huge success. What are the essential ingredients, you may ask?
The following are those special ingredients that, when combined together, resulted in an event which met a goal.
- 1. The Fort Myers Beach Observer and the Island Sand Paper. They generously advanced our event freely so that everyone could plan ahead.
- 2. Kudos to our innumerable supportive local merchants. They continually supply donations of what their hotels, restaurants and shops have to offer. They were listed in our program.
- 3. Local Color and Palmetto's Apparel. They provided the fashions for the models.
- 4. The Town Council and Mound House staff. They willingly modeled their outfits with such spirit that cheers were forthcoming.
- 5. The DiamondHead Resort, whose service is excellent.
- 6. Our guests, residents and visitors who gave such support with their tickets and generous bids on the silent auction items.
- 7. The volunteers. They put all the ingredients together.
Our net proceeds resulted in a profit of $6,000. We can add this total to our bank account, which allows us to proudly give the Town Council a check for $10,000 at the next Council meeting on Jan. 3, 2012.
The Friends are so pleased. Since we formed in the year 2006, we have contributed $20,000 to the underground exhibit. This now totals $30,000.
The Town of Fort Myers Beach is only seven miles long. The Town has extraordinary islanders. They belong to many volunteer organizations that give their heartfelt support of endeavors such as ours.
So, the very best 'essential ingredient' of all is "AN AMAZING TOWN." For that we say a heartfelt "Thank You."
Friends of the Mound House
Fort Myers Beach